Entry Door Information
The Steel Advantage
Common Features To All Defender® Entry Systems
All Defender entry systems start with an all-steel door. Over 33% heavier than most other doors, our doors feature 22 guage face panels and and all-steel edge. The advantage of steel makes the defender door more secure than any wood edge door and earns it a 40 Security rating – the highest in the industry. Defender doors are guaranteed not to warp, rust or swell for as long as you own them. The best door … the best warranty … for homeowners who want the best.
Our adjustable sill offers the ultimate in energy efficiency. Available option: Brass-like composite adjustable sill.
Door Bottom Seal
The door bottom weather-strip slides off and on for easy replacement and forms a weather-tight seal to the threshold.
Adjustable Hinge Plate System
Exclusive hinge plate adjusts up or down and in and out for a tight weather-seal against the elements.
Composite Lock Block
Full 4″ x 10″ composite lock block has more screw holding power than wood. Injection molded for uniform size, ther is no distorition of the door skin typically found with wood lock blocks.
Steel Edge Construction & Polyurethane Insulation
All Defender® doors are fully insulated with an inner core of environmentally friendly polyurethane foam and offer a superior R-factor fo 15.1 for the ultimate in energy conservation
A wood edge steel door (left) cracks under the force of one hit of a 100 pound test weight. Steel edge doors (right) do not force open after seven hits of a 100 pound test weight.
Features of Defender™ Ultra-frame™
1. Most Defender doors are available with the exclusive Ultra-Frame 16 guage steel replacement frame. This unique frame allows the entry system to be installed directly inside the existing jamb without disturbing the exterior trim.
2. Defender exclusive aluminum stop design offers durability and longevity not found in wood stops that can rot, warp, crack, blister and must be painted. Complete with magnetic weatherstrip and painted to match the door exterior.
3. The 16 guage Ultra-Frame offers a unique nested hinge pocket for the ultimate strength.
4. This exclusive, thermally efficient sill adjusts to create a weather-tight and airtight seal with the door.
5. The Ultra-Frame boasts ultimate security with a T-strike and deadbolt strike nested down into 16 guage solid steel.
6. Most Defender doors are available with the exclusive Ultra-Frame 16 guage steel replacement frame. This unique frame allows the entry system to be installed directly inside the existing jamb without disturbing the exterior trim.
7. Defender exclusive aluminum stop design offers durability and longevity not found in wood stops that can rot, warp, crack, blister and must be painted. Complete with magnetic weatherstrip and painted to match the door exterior.
8. The 16 guage Ultra-Frame offers a unique nested hinge pocket for the ultimate strength.
9. This exclusive, thermally efficient sill adjusts to create a weather-tight and airtight seal with the door.
10. The Ultra-Frame boasts ultimate security with a T-strike and deadbolt
Refrigerator technology provides a durable, tight seal to provide year round comfort.
Decorative Glass used in all Defender™ doors creates artistry in light. Hand-soldered caming, precision cut bevels and a wide variety of decorative glass come together to form individual masterpieces. One thing that separates decorative door glass from window glass is that each piece is unique due to the random nature of swirls and other effects. Aesthetic imperfections are not defects but instead the essence of any hand crafted piece. Please be assured that we strive to maintain the highest quality available form the world’s finest glass makers. To compliment these portraits in light, all glass units are cradled in the door with a high performance glass frame guaranteed not to split, crack or warp.
We offer a myriad of hareware choices. to add the finishing touches of beauty and functionality to your door. Most handlesets and deadbolts are available in bright brass, antique brass and antique nickel finishes (except as otherwise noted). Optional door knockers, mail and magazine slots, kickplates and decorative or spring hinges are available for added security, utility and beauty.
All Defender™ entry systems are provided pre-finished from the factory. Choose one of our many Sherwin Williams® Acrylic Enamel baked-on finishes. Choose a different color for the inside and the outside of the door for the ultimate in color coordination. Also available as an option are painted and stained interior trim sets in oak or clear pine, in rance or colonial style.
Consider choosing a wood grain finish from our selection of IronWood™ paintable/stainable doors. The exclusive IronWood paintable/stainable doors offer a deep grain wood look in true panel and rail design. IronWood paintable/stainable doors can be painted to create the grain look of a wood door in one of our color selections or hand stained to create the beauty of wood without the maintenance. If desired, doors may be stained on one side and painted on the other. All IronWood stained doors receive the exclusive GuardCoat™ finish for years of uncompromised beauty.
Note: all color samples are approximate, due to display differences and the process of capturing these images.