The choice of commercial doors plays an integral part in determining a building’s security, energy efficiency, and visual appeal. Doors are also powerful bearers of your brand message. Do you want your entry to convey strength and security? Refinement and good taste? Professionalism and trustworthiness?
Knowing that your business doors convey a message along with protecting your premises is Commercial Doors 101. Is a steel door the right choice? Or would another material send a more appropriate message? Knowing your priorities will affect your choice of commercial door for your business.
But it’s also important to recognize that steel doors can meet several needs simultaneously; they can provide security, durability, and aesthetic appeal. Decide whether a steel door is the right choice for your commercial entry after reviewing this information.
Types of Commercial Doors: Entry, Fire, and Security Doors
Different types of businesses need different commercial doors. But any type of business could decide to use any kind of door, depending on the aesthetic of the business and the practical need for security, energy efficiency, and ease of entry and exit. Consider all your options to make an informed decision when choosing a door for your business.
- Main entry doors: The face of a business is its entry door. Offices, retail stores, restaurants, and skilled trade services all need a welcoming entry for customers and clients. Commercial entry doors are primarily either steel or aluminum. Wood commercial doors are still used, but they are less common.
- Fire doors: These doors are designed to prevent fire from spreading and buy enough time for people to evacuate a building. They are typically made of steel, with additional insulation materials, and have a fire rating that indicates how long they can withstand high temperatures.
- Security doors: As security is a top priority for commercial buildings, these doors are designed to be sturdy and resistant to forced entry, especially when paired with a 16-gauge steel frame like the frames Defender Steel Door of Chicago uses. Steel is the most commonly used material for security doors due to its strength and durability.
How the Nature of Your Business Affects Your Choice of Commercial Door
There’s a reason so many law firms have heavy, carved wood doors and why many retail establishments often have aluminum storefront glass doors. The nature of the business carries a lot of weight when choosing commercial doors.
- Professional offices: Law firms, accounting firms, real estate brokers, and medical offices need to exude trustworthiness, professionalism, and expertise. A formal and sophisticated look can send the right message about the quality of the services a business offers. That gravitas can be achieved with wood, glass, or steel doors with glass panels. Some steel doors can be made to look like traditional wood doors while providing greater security.
- Retail stores: Retail stores require attractive entry doors that complement their brand image and are easy for customers to use. Aluminum storefront glass doors or steel doors with glass panels are popular choices because they offer both durability and a view of the store’s contents.
- Financial institutions: Security is of the utmost importance for banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions. Steel security doors with advanced locking systems are often the preferred choice.
- Hospitality businesses: Hotels, restaurants, and other businesses in the hospitality sector often require visually appealing entry doors that also provide security. Steel doors with custom designs and finishes can fulfill these requirements.
How Commercial Doors Affect the Business Within
Having the right commercial doors can have a significant impact on your business’s success beyond conveying brand identity. Here are some ways in which your choice of door can affect your business:
- Security: Steel doors are known for their strength and durability, making them an excellent choice in terms of security. They offer better protection against break-ins and vandalism compared to other materials like wood or glass, particularly when paired with 16-gauge steel frames like those Defender Steel Door of Chicago uses. This can give you peace of mind, knowing that your business and assets are well-protected.
- Energy efficiency: Steel doors are also known for their insulation properties, making them energy-efficient options for commercial buildings. They can help regulate the temperature inside a building, reducing heating and cooling costs. This can result in significant savings on utility bills over time.
- Durability: All exterior doors must contend with the elements, but commercial buildings have the added challenge of high traffic, which means their doors are subjected to constant use and wear and tear. Steel doors are known for their durability and ability to withstand heavy use, making them a practical and cost-effective choice in the long run.
- Endurance against the elements: Business owners needing commercial doors in Chicago know that steel doors from Defender Steel Doors can withstand the extreme weather this city and its suburbs experience every year. Steel doors are sturdy and stand firm against high winds, driving away rain, snow, and ice. And with proper maintenance, steel doors can last for years, even decades.
Reasons To Choose Steel Doors for Commercial Buildings
With so many types of commercial doors and materials to choose from, why should you consider steel doors for your business premises? Here’s a summary of the reasons steel doors might be the right choice for your commercial building:
- Strength: Steel is an incredibly strong material that offers superior protection against forced entry, especially when combined with a 16-gauge steel frame. Properly coated steel doors also resist harsh weather conditions. This makes steel a reliable choice for businesses looking to enhance their security.
- Durability: Steel doors are highly durable and can withstand heavy use without showing signs of wear and tear. This makes them a cost-effective choice in the long run, as they require minimal maintenance.
- Customizability: Steel doors can be customized to fit various designs and finishes, making it easier for businesses to achieve the desired aesthetic for their building.
- Energy efficiency: The insulating properties of steel make it an energy-efficient option for commercial buildings, helping reduce utility costs.
- Endurance: Steel doors stand up to extremes of weather, resisting corrosion by the elements and holding up in the face of summer and winter storms.
Choosing the right type of door for your commercial building is crucial for ensuring the security, energy efficiency, and visual appeal of your business. While there are various options available, steel doors are the right choice for a combination of strength, durability, and customization.